Consulting and Marketing Roles
In addition to my writing experience, I’ve also held roles that were primarily focused on marketing activities.
Antenna Consulting (2017)
Assignment #1 – Proteus International
- Collaborated with management team and graphic designer to create sales presentation deck
Assignment #3 – G&K Services
- Assisted with a variety of marketing projects to ensure comprehensive knowledge transfer to new marketing team. (Link to article written about my work at G&K.)
- Collaborated with vendors to assemble and analyse metrics for digital marketing programs
- Consolidated metrics from digital marketing efforts for formal presentation
Assignment #2 – Salo, LLC
- Event planning: Worked with team members and vendors to ensure all assets were delivered and marketing efforts (e.g. social media posts, emails, etc.) were aligned with event.
- Edited digital content: Blog and social media posts
- Knowledge transfer: Organized editorial calendar and logged tasks in project management tool (Asana) for new marketing team member
- Created a draft template of event checklist and updated marketing reference tools
PSD Solutions (2007 – 2009)
- Researched and implemented projects, such as the Microsoft Gold Partner renewal, Network Team certifications and new Citrix Solutions Provider partnership
- Contributed to website design, format and content
- Prepared and processed invoices, payables, deposits, expense reports and billing
- Supervised and trained intern
I have had the privilege to teach in a variety of settings – from adult ESL in Korea to toddlers in Sweden to skating rinks in Minnesota. Some of my happiest moments have been on the ice hopping up and down with several 4-year olds.
Otago University (2018 – 2020)
- Presented lectures based on my PhD dissertation
- Facilitated class discussions on the ethical challenges of fostering empathy through videogames
Bucheon Beombak Elementary (2012 – 2013)
- Planned and implemented lessons for ESL classes (Grades 3rd-6th)
- Created engaging ESL activities for after-school programs and Winter English Camp (Grades Kindergarten – 4th)
City of Inver Grove & Shoreview (2014 – 2016)
- Teach basic and upper level skating skills to children ages 4 and up
- Choreographed skating programs for annual ice show
Mother Goose Int’l Preschool (2011 – 2012)
- Prepared learning activities for ages 2-6 (math, science, reading, writing, and art)
- Maintained a safe, healthy and nurturing environment
Bucheon Jung Hung Elementary (2009 – 2010)
- Collaborated and created daily lesson plans with Korean co-teacher (Grades 3rd-6th)
- Produced materials and curriculum for Winter and Summer English Camps
- Designed and implemented Business ESL lessons for Bucheon’s Education Board staff
Prior to my writing, teaching, and marketing experience, I held a number of administrative roles.
Medical Secretary, ER Tech, Psych Tech (1998 – 2002)
Held various roles in the clerical field working in hospitals and doctors’ offices. Responsibilities included, but not limited to: scheduling, registering patients, verifying insurance, insurance claims submission, transcribing doctor orders, basic patient care (vitals, EKG’s, transport etc.), coordinating with multiple hospital departments to schedule labs, xrays and other exams, charting patient behavior and working with doctors and nurses to administer patient care.